Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What this Old Broad knows for Sure aka Wednesday's Wisdom...

I'm late getting this post done, but I'm an Old Broad, slow and slower...ahhh what can I say?

You get what you get!  LOL

What I know for sure is that getting older can suck, but it can also, fill me with gratitude over stuff I can get away with now that I'd never try when I was younger.  For instance...

being older means I can choose to follow my youngest granddaughter, Kit Kat's fashion sense...yes, indeedy...


Check this out. Is this a fashion statement or what??

Shoes matching sundress...matching t-shirt...matching hat...matching fishing pole!!  All this glory is then topped off with dark tights!  Wowzers!  Is this not a great look for any Granny???

************************************************************

The other thing I know for sure is that many folks as they grow older seem to become one of 2 ways; the righteously indignant type or the tolerant forgiving type.

I don't understand the righteously indignant sort.  These are the old folks that especially grieve the youth, but are generally overly principled and judgemental.  You hear them saying things like; "Well, I never did things like that!"  "What is wrong with the young people today!" or  "Can you believe so and so did such in such?"

Plu..eeze!! 

How long does one have to live...

How many life experiences does one have to go through...

to gain some empathy, acceptance and tolerance???

Donja think?

************************************************************

One more thang...

I know for sure lots of folks complain there is nothing but junk, garbage and crapola on television these days.

Ain't nothin' like the good ole' days...right?

Well...

I agree there were some darn fine shows from yesteryear, but there are some darn fine shows today, too.  I'm not going to name any shows because everyone has their own distinct taste in T.V. viewing, but...

to claim there is nothing worth watching these days, tells me some individual agendas must be intentionally looking for bad T.V.

Just saying...

***********************************************************
Toodle Loo Kangeroo!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe we just miss the old shows sooooooooooo much............. Cheers & Who's The Boss.......... just buggin there are plenty of shows on I like today, but I do miss Sam and Tony............ sigh............

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling child! Love her sense of fashion. :)

    As for TV ... I hardly watch it at all these days, but I have a couple shows that I enjoy.

    Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. I'm happy to follow you back, although that "follow" word always sounds a bit strange doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!