Wednesday, April 24, 2013

All About Me...

I thought I'd share a couple of little known facts about myself...betcha just can't wait to read these!  Here goes...


I got my first and only Barbie when I was 7 or 8 years old.  I loved, loved, loved this doll!  Then much to my excitement I also, got Barbie's bedroom suite for Christmas and I thought I'd pee my pants!  Perhaps, I  did, but...I'll never tell.

The suite included the canopy bed, a small dresser for the foot of the bed and a fancy dresser with a mirror. It had a pink canopy and bedspread that I thought it was beyond beautiful. 


I eventually got Barbie's BFF, Francie, and a convertible car (no, not a real one!) and that was that...for my Barbie accessories...and...

 I was a very happy, little girl.

How...times...have...changed!

***********************************************************
Second little know fact...

When I was in my late teens and going to college, I had zero intentions of ever getting married or having children.  I was intending to be a Navy nurse and travel the seven seas or at the very least, be a carefree, single, career gal...

Why?  Mostly I was commitment shy and my preception of marriage and children looked like nothing, but work and heartache. Yuck!  Icky!  Blah!
I wanted nothing to do with it...

until I met Hubby and fell in love for the first time. Unless of course, you count being "in love" when I was 9 years old with a neighbour boy.

Hubby and I married 9 months later...and NO our first baby girl (Miss J) didn't arrive until almost 5 years later!  But once we figured out how to do it; we had our second girl (Kel) 11 months later.  Do the math...our girls are the same age for about 5 weeks!  Not bad for someone who never wanted to marry or have children, huh? 

So, now 36 years later (and they said it wouldn't last!), Hubby and I are still married and still in love...and yes, it's true, it did take lots of work and heartache!

***********************************************************
One more thing...

Here is a short list of some of my favorite things (some well known, others not so much):

-  I've had peanut butter & toast with a cold glass of some sort of milk (regular, almond, soya) almost every morning for so many years that I couldn't tell ya...

-  I love the sound of a train, but have yet to find it on a relaxation CD...guess most folks don't find a train whistle relaxing??

-  I've been called "anal" about many things, but perhaps, none so much as how things are stored in the fridge.  It drives me CRAZY if things (i.e. milk) are not put in the right place...yes, in my mind, there is a "right" place and a "wrong" place to store items. Huh uh...

-  I love crime shows, especially those that have a unique twist like the newest offering,  called "The Following", starring Kevin Bacon.

-  There is nothing I like better than a hot tubby, clean jammies and fresh bedding!  I imagine Heaven feels like this all the time...yummy!

-  I could eat some form of cereal for almost every main meal and likely never get tired of it.

-  Writing is my not-so-secret passion...someday I'd like to publish a book.

****************************************************************

Tha...tha...that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!