Monday, April 8, 2013

Mindful Monday...


I use to love grocery shopping...I know, I know, crazy huh?   I just enjoyed the entire process from the 30 minute drive with Hubby, to the filling of the cart with all the tasty foodstuffs (plus a treat or two or three...) right through to the finish line of putting it all away in my soon to be full cupboards.  What a glorious, satisfying feeling!  Yes, indeedy!  (The only part I didn't care for was the hauling in of grocery bags and Hubby usually took care of that end.).  Yuppers, my big, strong man!

I still like most of the process, but now the price tag at the cashier just horrifies me!  Is it just me or has everyone else noticed how incredibly expensive grub has gotten in the last 10 years??  Especially the past 5 or 6 years??

I've tried going to the discount store (I fondly call it the "Second hand Food Store") but, I am considerably spoiled by shopping in an atmosphere of quiet music, mostly cheerful, unhurried staff and cleanliness.  Sorry, call me a diva...

And what about the dubious "No Name" cuisine?  I have tried these and I do not like them. (Disclaimer:  I'm not referring to the store brand which are often quite decent, but rather the yellow, blue, whatever colour label products).  The price tag may be a heck of a deal, but the food contents definitely are NOT!  In fact, in many cases, well...they're downright revolting!  As for the cleaners, paper products, etc., what can I say?  Useless...inadequate...worthless.

Have you ever wondered how "No Name" can be sold soooo cheaply?  Well...I have...

I get that the packaging would cost less such as the labels, boxes and perhaps even the cans, but what about the contents?  You know...the food?
It obviously isn't the same quality as the brand name equivalent.  Sight alone tells me that, let alone the taste, which is at best described as...Yucky!

So, why is it so baaad tasting?  Haven't you ever speculated what is done differently with "No Name" vittles?  Well...I have...

Since the "No Name" food isn't in the same class as brand name methinks that the veggies, fruits, cereals, sauces, soups, etc. must be the left behind muck that no one would normally buy.  Shouldn't it be used in pet food or perhaps, compost?  In fact, before "No Name" was heard of, what were the food manufacturers doing with their discards?  Perhaps, throwing them away? Or...

maybe using them for pet food...compost...

Regardless of where "No Name" comes from or how economical, I assure you, anyone who can afford better brands (unless they're El' Cheapo) will buy the brands.  And...

you can argue with me all you want that there is no significant difference between "No Name" and their brand name counterpart, but I say phooey!  I have tried many of the so-called "there is no difference" groceries,but there is noooo foolin' this cowgirl!

I get that sometimes it is necessary because of budget restraints.  I have had to buy this way at unfortunate times in my life for those reasons, but...never willingly nor...

have I EVER deluded myself or tried to convince anyone else that, "It tastes, wipes, cleans, whatever...just as good."  It doesn't and...never will...

because it was never intended for human consumption/use until some smart cookie saw a way to make a buck off of it!  And...

right or wrong, cynical or not; this is my honest opinion of "No Name" products!

***********************************************************

After awhile crocodile!





4 comments:

  1. lol. This is indeed very true. ESPECIALLY toilet paper. I am a diva about toilet paper....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, single sheet tends to bring the diva out in me. too!

      Delete
  2. Another good one Cuz! I loathe no name products! You might save a $1.00 but if it sits in your cupboard and turns green and fuzzy what`s the use?! Jus saying... ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!