Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday...

You know what I hate (among other things) about getting older?  I HATE how my eyesight sucks!

 
Yes...this is one of the many, many "joys" of growing older!  Now let me be clear about this or as clear has this Old Broad can get; I am eternally grateful that I'm not blind or suffering from a serious eye disease...let's say Amen!  However...

when my beautiful granddaughter, Little Sis, puts my laptop or iPad on a measly 100% and fails  to return it to "I can't BELIEVE you need it so BIIIIGGGG" and I, go to use the laptop/iPad and it takes a moment to realize that I'm not actually going blind, thus causing a near fatal heart attack...well...you get the picture!

That is if you can see the picture...

**********************************************************

Hubby and I enjoyed a loverly Easter dinner with my family and friends, graciously hosted by Miss J & Quick Draw.  They invited a co-worker/friend of Hubby's making him feel as welcomed has family.  Hospitality is their gift...a true blessing for everyone who is received into their home.

Having the gift of hospitality (1 Peter 4: 9,10) is God-given and not all of us have this gift to make others feel at home with such warmth and kindness  My daughter and son-in-law have this grace and have it in spades.  I'm sure they've been a blessing to many...  and this is as it should be...

*********************************************************

Ta Ta from my house to yours!



2 comments:

  1. My eyes are still reading at arms length..so I'm good!!! we buy our glasses on the internet for $8...
    the gift of hospitality is a wonderful gift!!! When I get stressed I remember God wants us to be hospitable...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!